Uniontown's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown By IHG United States

Uniontown's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the real lowdown on the Holiday Inn Express in Uniontown. Forget those shiny, perfect reviews. I'm about to spill the tea. This is more than just a review; this is a messy, honest, and hopefully helpful account of my stay – the good, the bad, and the slightly-sticky.

First Impressions & The Great Accessibility Question (Let's Get This Out of the Way!)

Okay, so Uniontown. Let's be honest, it's not exactly a bustling metropolis. But the Holiday Inn Express? Right off the bat, I was pleasantly surprised! Finding the place was a breeze - no hidden driveways or cryptic signs. Accessibility is KEY. I'm always watching for this, and the hotel delivered.

Accessibility Breakdown:

  • Wheelchair Accessible? Yes! Ramps, elevators, and the whole nine yards. Crucial for some of us, so big thumbs up.
  • Facilities for Disabled guests: They have it! I saw it. This means everything is up to code.
  • Air conditioning in public area: YES! Thank god, because you know… Pennsylvania summers.
  • Elevator: Duh! You need it.
  • Exterior corridor: Not this time!
  • Facilities for disabled guests: It looked good to me.
  • Door Man: YES!
  • Front desk [24-hour]: YES! Definitely 24/7.
  • Internet access [LAN]: YES!
  • Available in all rooms: YES!

Internet Woes and the Blessing of Free Wi-Fi (Rant Alert!)

Listen, in this day and age, patchy Wi-Fi is a crime against humanity. BUT! The Holiday Inn Express gets it. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the internet gods! It worked reliably, which, let's face it, is more than I can say for some hotels. I was working on a project, and it was absolutely crucial to get it done. I can't function on a dial up system, so this has to be a requirement.

The Room: Functionality Over Fanfare (But Still Pretty Okay)

Okay, let's talk room. It wasn't a "wow" moment, but it was clean, functional, and had everything I needed.

What did I like?

  • Air Condition: Yes!
  • Free bottled water: Needed it.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: YES!
  • Alarm clock: Needed that too.
  • Bathroom: Clean and up to snuff.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Essential for morning survival.
  • Desk: Perfect for my work.
  • Hair dryer: Got it!
  • Ironing facilities: Important.
  • Non-smoking: YES!
  • Refrigerator: YES! Needed!
  • Safe box: Never hurts.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Okay, it's fine.
  • Socket near the bed: YES!!! Best feature.
  • Telephone: Who uses these anymore
  • Towels: Soft.
  • Wake-up service: Helpful!
  • Window that opens: YES!

What wasn't perfect?

It wasn't the most spacious room… Okay, it was a bit cramped, but for the price, I wasn't expecting a suite. *I did find a half-eaten *cookie* in the desk drawer.* Seriously! How? Why? This is more for the staff to be aware of. They are really good.

Cleanliness & Safety: Did They Actually Clean?

In today's world, this is EVERYTHING. And I'm happy to report:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Yes. Good!
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: I saw it. They were on it.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: Seems legit.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Very important!
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: This made a difference.
  • Safety/security feature: Of course.
  • Smoke alarms: Of course!
  • Shared stationery removed: Again, good!

This is important. They seem to be doing everything right in this area.

The Food & Beverage Situation (Breakfast Blues… and Sometimes Bliss)

Alright, let's talk about the most important meal of the day, and the snacks!

  • Breakfast [buffet]: Here's where things got a little… interesting. The buffet offered the usual suspects: eggs, bacon, cereal, and enough carbs to feed a small army. BUT…
  • Breakfast takeaway service: Score!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: Always.
  • Essential condiments: Needed!
  • Happy hour: Not that I saw.
  • Poolside bar: Not that I saw.
  • Restaurants: Not that I saw.
  • Salad in restaurant: Probably.
  • Snack bar: Kind of.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: Probably not.
  • Western breakfast: It's what they had.

Here's the truth: The breakfast wasn't Michelin star quality, but it was hot, plentiful, and kept me from turning into a hangry monster before my work. It's free, so I can't complain too much.

I HAD A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE STAFF'S TRAINING

Okay, so I came down to the lobby at 6:00 AM. I heard the night staff being trained. And the person giving the training seemed to be an actor. They knew everything about the hotel. They seemed to have been trained by an expert. Their kindness, their professionalism and their training far exceeded anything I have ever seen.

Relaxation & Things To Do (or, Why Uniontown isn't Exactly Cancun)

Let's be realistic: you're not coming to Uniontown for the nightlife. BUT! The Holiday Inn Express does have a:

  • Fitness center: It had a treadmill.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Seasonal, obviously. I didn't use it, but it looked decent.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

  • Cash withdrawal: Yup.
  • Concierge: Nah.
  • Contactless check-in/out: A lifesaver!
  • Convenience store: Nope.
  • Currency exchange: No.
  • Daily housekeeping: They kept it clean.
  • Doorman: Nope.
  • Dry cleaning: I didn't see this.
  • Elevator: Yep!
  • Food delivery: Some.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: No.
  • Invoice provided: Yes!
  • Ironing service: Yes!
  • Laundry service: Yes!
  • Luggage storage: Yes!
  • Meetings: They have them.
  • Safety deposit boxes: Yes!
  • Smoking area: Okay.
  • Terrace: Nah.

For the Kids, Not My Style

I don't have kids, but I saw a few families. There was:

  • Family/child friendly: Sure.
  • Kids facilities: Fine.
  • Babysitting service: Didn't see it.
  • Kids meal: Probaby not.

Overall Vibe & Quirky Observations

The overall vibe? Comfortable, clean, and exactly what you'd expect from a reliable chain hotel. It's not a luxury experience, but it's a good value. And I, for one, appreciate the consistency. The staff was overall very good. The lobby smelled faintly of chlorine, which, to me, at least, meant the pool was well-maintained. I also got REALLY addicted to the little chocolate chip cookies they had at the front desk. Seriously, I went through a whole bag of them. Don't judge.

The Verdict: Should You Stay Here?

Yes! If you're in Uniontown, especially for business or just passing through, this Holiday Inn Express is a solid choice. It's clean, the Wi-Fi is great, the staff is friendly, and the price is right. It's not going to change your life, but it will provide a comfortable and hassle-free stay.

My Final Thought: I'd stay here again. And maybe, just maybe, I'd sneak an extra cookie… or two.


SEO-Optimized Booking Offer:

Escape to Comfort and Convenience at Uniontown's Best Hotel: Holiday Inn Express!

Looking for a reliable and comfortable stay in Uniontown, PA? Look no further than the Holiday Inn Express! We offer a seamless experience with FREE Wi-Fi in every room, ensuring you stay connected throughout your visit.

Why Choose Us?

  • Unbeatable Accessibility: We're fully accessible for all guests, with wheelchair-friendly rooms and facilities.
  • Stay Connected: Enjoy FREE Wi-Fi and reliable internet access for work or
Escape to Paradise: Lanta Baan Nok Resort Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown By IHG United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're heading to the hallowed halls (and presumably, the questionable breakfast buffet) of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown by IHG, and let me tell you, my expectations – and my bladder capacity – are currently somewhere between "cautiously optimistic" and "desperate."

Day 1: Arrival, Existential Dread, and the Promise of Questionable Pizza

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at the Holiday Inn Express. Okay, first impression: the lobby is… clean. Surprisingly clean. I mean, I've seen gas station bathrooms with more character. Am I expecting too much drama from a chain hotel? Perhaps. Check-in is smooth, thankfully. The guy behind the counter seems to have seen a few things, bless his heart. I feel like he probably knows the secret to the perfect continental breakfast pancake.
  • 1:30 PM: The Room. Oh, the room. It’s… functional. Two queen beds, a desk that looks like it’s seen some serious laptop abuse, and a TV that’s probably older than I am. I immediately check under the bed for rogue socks and/or existential despair. Found… a stray dust bunny. Close enough. The AC is roaring like a jet engine. I can already feel myself developing a dry throat.
  • 2:00 PM: Attempt to unpack. This is always my moment of truth. Am I gonna live out of a suitcase like a classy vagrant, or am I actually going to unfold my garments? The answer, as usual, is: a messy, haphazard combination of both. I find a mysterious stain on the carpet, and a weird lump in the bed. Is this the beginning of my downfall? I'm starting to feel a little melancholic here.
  • 3:00 PM: Explore the local area. I stumble out of the hotel, blinking in the harsh afternoon light. Uniontown, PA, is… well, it's a town. Let's leave it at that. The "historic downtown" seems a little… sleepy. I wander down the street, feeling like I'm in a David Lynch film without the plot. I spot a pizza place with a sign that proudly proclaims "Best Pizza in Town!" My gut is telling me to run, but my stomach is rumbling. I decide to be brave.
  • 3:30 PM: Pizza. The pizza. Okay, the pizza wasn't the best in town. It was… pizza. The crust was… crusty. The sauce was… saucy. The cheese was… cheesy. I ended up eating three full slices because I was hungry. My faith is restored. The pizza was ok.
  • 4:30 PM: Back to the hotel for a quick shower and recharge. I spend a good 15 minutes just staring at the showerhead, judging it. The water pressure is adequate, which is a relief.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner! This time, I wised up and ordered delivery from a place with good reviews. Some random place with "burgers" in the name, and I'm not gonna lie, it was delicious. Even the fries were good. My existential dread starts to dissipate, replaced by a comfortable food coma.
  • 7:00 PM: The room is starting to feel like home in a very sad sort of way. I flip through the channels, landing eventually on some generic action movie with terrible dialogue. This is the pinnacle of my evening.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. The jet engine AC is still going strong. I shove earplugs in and try to pretend I'm on a tropical island. Or, you know, anywhere else. The hotel is quiet, and then I realise there are several dogs barking in the distance.
  • 10:00 PM: Sleep is in the cards… finally.

Day 2: The Day I Learned to Love the Scrambled Eggs and Other Breakfast Realisations

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast! The moment of truth. The continental breakfast. I steel myself, because this is where things can get really interesting. I am the first one there, like a vulture circling its prey. The scrambled eggs. I cautiously grab a scoop. THEY ARE… acceptable! And by acceptable, I mean, they almost taste like real eggs. Success! I proceed to load up on the questionable (but strangely addictive) mini-cinnamon rolls and some sad, sad coffee.
  • 7:30 AM: I'm eating my breakfast and reading some reviews on Trip Advisor, and suddenly I feel a pang of jealousy when I realise a couple of other guests are eating much better food. They actually went somewhere. They look very happy.
  • 8:30 AM: I have an epiphany. This is it. This is the experience! This hotel. This breakfast. This town. It's all gloriously, achingly… average. And that, I realise, is kinda wonderful. It's unfiltered, unpretentious, and utterly, unapologetically… real. It's a slice of life.
  • 9:00 AM: More exploring. I’ve decided to just lean into the mediocrity. I visit a local antique shop that smells of mothballs and forgotten dreams. I browse a general store where I discover a collection of taxidermied squirrels playing poker. The day is starting to make sense.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. I go back and eat the same pizza as last night. I enjoy it even more.
  • 2:00 PM: Check out the local park. I watch some small children play football with their fathers. I feel a deep sense of emotion.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the room. Another shower. The jet engine is still there.
  • 5:00 PM: Thinking about dinner. I'm going to try the Chinese place.
  • 6:00 PM: Chinese food. Oh my god. I got the beef with broccoli, and the portions were huge. I feel very full.
  • 7:00 PM: More TV. More existential dread. The hotel room starts to feel like a cocoon.
  • 8:00 PM: A final stroll around the block. The streetlights cast long shadows. The dogs start barking again.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. Another night.
  • 10:00 PM: The sweet, sweet oblivion of sleep.

Day 3: Departure and the Strange Comfort of Impermanence

  • 7:00 AM: Another breakfast. Cinnamon rolls are devoured with gusto.
  • 8:00 AM: Checkout. The front desk guy smiles. He's seen it all. I leave a generous tip, partly out of gratitude for his stoicism, partly because I feel a strange kinship with him.
  • 9:00 AM: Hit the road.
  • 9:30 AM: Driving home. As I drive away, I look back on my stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown. I didn’t see any amazing things, nothing remarkable. But the hotel room? The breakfast? The mediocre pizza? They all taught me something: that sometimes, the most memorable adventures are the ones that aren't trying too hard. The ones that are just… there. And that's okay. It's actually, in its own weird, wonderful way… perfect.

Okay, folks. That's my messy, honest, and probably slightly deranged account of a trip to a generic chain hotel. May your travels be filled with equally awkward breakfast buffets and moments of profound existential reflection. Now if you'll excuse me, I need a nap.

Germany's Hidden Gem: Hotel Auerhahn - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express in Uniontown: My Brain Dump (aka, Frequently Asked...Well, More Like Ranted About...Questions)

Is the Holiday Inn Express in Uniontown, PA really the "BEST" hotel? And if so, BEST for *who*?

Okay, hold up. “BEST”? That’s a loaded word, right? Best for what? For maximum proximity to a decent pizza joint after a long day of... well, *whatever* people do in Uniontown? Probably. Best for a romantic getaway? Absolutely, positively, NO. Best for a quick, cheap stopover on a road trip, where clean sheets and a functioning shower are the priorities? Possibly. Honestly, it depends on your expectations. My expectations? Lower than a limbo stick. And even *I* sometimes experience disappointment. Like the time the "hot" breakfast tasted suspiciously like it had been sitting under a heat lamp since the Reagan administration.

The Free Breakfast: Myth or Miracle? (And is the waffle maker a sentient being?)

The breakfast. Oh, the breakfast. It's... there. They *do* offer free breakfast, yes. And yes, they *usually* have a waffle maker. (The waffle maker is a highlight, let's be honest. Watching that little contraption spit out golden-brown squares is almost Zen.) But the quality? Well, let's just say I pack my own granola bars. Seriously, sometimes the scrambled eggs look like they've been through a war. I swear, there was one particularly sad-looking sausage patty... I think it winked at me. It was a definite... *moment*. You know, the kind you tell your therapist about.

What are the rooms like? Clean? Spacious? Are there any ghosts (asking for a...friend)?

Rooms… hmm. Clean-ish. Spacious-ish. They are, by hotel standards, perfectly acceptable. Look, they’re not the Ritz Carlton, people. Think functional, rather than fabulous. I've stayed in worse (a *lot* worse). The beds are usually okay, the AC *usually* works. As for ghosts... I haven't seen any, but I *have* heard the plumbing making some… *interesting* noises at 3 AM. Maybe it's just the pipes. Maybe it's a spectral plumber. You decide. Bring earplugs just in case. And *definitely* check under the bed. You never know.

The Pool/Fitness Center? Worth a dip? Worth the sweat?

Okay, let's talk about the pool. "Indoor heated pool". The reality? It's usually… warm-ish. Sometimes the chlorine smell is so strong, it feels like you're breathing underwater. The fitness center… well, it has some machines. Machines that *look* like they've seen better days. You might find a treadmill. You might find a bike. You might find a small, sad-looking weight set. I wouldn't go in expecting a full-blown gym experience, unless your definition of "gym" involves a lot of dust and the faint aroma of stale sweat socks. Honestly? I stick to the Netflix and a good walk outside.

The Staff: Friendly? Helpful? Do they secretly know the way to the best pierogi in town?

The staff? Generally, yes, they're friendly. Polite, efficient, and helpful enough. They're not the kind of staff that's going to hand-hold your hand and suggest a hidden gem. They'll get you your key, point you to the elevator, and maybe, just maybe, point you in the general direction of a nearby fast food restaurant. But the pierogi? Ah, the pierogi... I once asked, and got a blank stare. My suspicion is they know *something* but are contractually obligated to remain silent on the matter.

Parking: Easy or a Pain? (Because after a long drive, I need EASY.)

Parking? Pretty easy. There's a decent-sized lot. You shouldn't have to circle for hours looking for a spot, which is a major win in my book. Unless you arrive at like, 3 a.m. during some kind of conference! Just be prepared for a bit of a walk if you're assigned a room on the far side of the hotel. But hey, at least you'll get in some steps before you consume those questionable breakfast sausages!

My *Personal* Hell: That Time the Fire Alarm Went Off at Midnight. Stream of Consciousness Time!

Okay, this needs its own section. My absolute worst experience? THE FIRE ALARM. Midnight. Boom. Blaring, ear-splitting, godawful piercing siren. I leap out of bed. Heart pounding. Panic! I grab my phone, fumbling for my glasses. (I can't see without them. I'm essentially blind in an emergency.) Rush out the door. Everyone's milling around in the parking lot, dressed in various states of undress. One guy is in a bathrobe and Crocs. A woman is sobbing. A kid is screaming. The whole thing was chaos. Turns out, it was a false alarm. Some inconsiderate guest probably set off the smoke detector with their burnt toast. That was, honestly, THE WORST. I didn't sleep a wink that night. Then, in the morning...the "hot" breakfast. The memory still stings. This is a core memory. A nightmare.

Overall: Would you stay here again? (Be honest!)

Look, if I *had* to? Yes. If it's convenient, and the price is right, and I'm not expecting a five-star resort experience? Absolutely. It does the job. It's a solid, if unspectacular, experience. But I'm still haunted by the sausage patty. And the fire alarm. And the potential for specters. So, yeah. I would stay again. But definitely with a healthy dose of skepticism and a good pair of earplugs. And maybe a pack of granola bars.
Blog Hotel Search Site

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown By IHG United States