Xi'an's BEST Hotel? Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower Review!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the… well, the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower in Xi'an. Is it the best hotel in the city? Whoa there, hold your horses. Let's just say it’s…an experience. And I, for one, love a good experience, messy bits and all. This is my honest take, warts and all, on whether this place is worth your precious travel dollars and time.
First Impression: The Arrival, the Vibe (and the Elevator)
Okay, so accessibility first, because, well, it matters. The Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower claims to be accessible, and on the whole, it’s… decent. You've got elevators (thank GOD for the elevators!), and the public areas are generally navigable. HOWEVER, and that’s a big however, I’ve been in elevators in this city that are more spacious, so if you're relying on a wheelchair, double-check the room details before you book. They have facilities for people with disabilities, that's cool, like a convenient elevator. Oh, the elevator! Sometimes it was a little slow, giving me a moment to consider my life choices as I waited.
Cleanliness & Safety – Because, You Know, Important Stuff:
This is where the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower gets some serious points. They really seem to be on top of cleanliness. It's like a borderline obsessive level of sanitation protocols, which, in the current climate, I'm absolutely here for. They boast about anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff who are trained to follow every protocol. Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. Rooms sanitized between stays? Yep. Individually-wrapped food options? You betcha. I mean, they practically throw hand sanitizer at you when you walk in the door. I felt safer there than, well, pretty much anywhere else I've been lately. They've even got a doctor/nurse on call, and a first aid kit – not that I needed either, thankfully! This place has got you covered.
Rooms: Your Home Away From Home (Maybe):
Let's be real: the rooms are… well, they're functional. They’re not going to win any design awards, but they're clean, well-maintained, and have all the essentials. You've got air conditioning (thank the heavens!), a comfy bed with an extra long bed (which I appreciate, being a tall-ish individual), a desk, a safe, and a mini-bar. The Internet access (free Wi-Fi!) was generally reliable, but I did find myself occasionally yelling at the router in frustration. But hey, that's just me. The blackout curtains were a LIFESAVER, especially after those long days exploring Xi'an. My room, for all its functional glory, felt a little sterile. A splash of color, a quirky painting, anything to break up the beige and beige would have been appreciated. But hey, I wasn't there to judge interior design, I was there to eat noodles and conquer the Terracotta Army!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and the occasional mishap):
The selection is wide, but if you're expecting gourmet, lower your expectations. They’ve got restaurants, a coffee shop, and a snack bar, but the real highlight (and this is crucial for anyone who needs to start their day right) is the breakfast. The Asian breakfast, the buffet is a must. It’s not fancy, but the congee is spot-on, and the steamed buns are legendary. Okay, maybe not legendary, but they were definitely worth a second helping. Plus, there's a western breakfast, but who the heck wants that when you're in Xi'an?! I will admit, I spent one very confusing morning trying to order a coffee, which was a linguistic challenge, to say the least. The staff always seemed helpful, though, even when I was flailing with the menu. They also make great coffee, too!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Or at Least, Try):
Okay, here's where the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower gets a little… confused. They say they have a fitness center, a pool with a view, a spa, and all the relaxing bells and whistles. Let me be brutally honest here because, in my experience, the pool, which IS outdoors and is amazing, the pool is a very small, and the view is… of other buildings. The spa, based on what I could gather, was more of a "massage room" situation. No steamrooms, no saunas, no elaborate body wraps that I came across. So, if you're envisioning a luxurious spa retreat, temper your expectations. Focus on other options to unwind.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, The Bad, and The Luggage Storage:
The Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower offers a decent range of services. There's a 24-hour front desk, concierge service, daily housekeeping, laundry, dry cleaning, and a convenience store. The staff were generally friendly and helpful (though their English skills varied). They offer currency exchange, ATMs, and oh, the luggage storage was a lifesaver. The free on-site parking is a huge bonus, especially in a city like Xi'an where parking can be a nightmare. There are even some meeting facilities if you just can't escape work entirely. It's worth noting that there's also a gift shop which is a perfect opportunity to get your souvenir shopping done!
Getting Around: The Taxi Tango and More
Airport transfer is available. The Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower also offers taxi service, of course, but more often than not in Xi'an you are just relying on Didi, anyway. There is bicycle parking available too.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly? Maybe…
They state they are family-friendly, but I didn't see a ton of evidence. I’m not sure you could say they're actively kid-focused.
The Verdict: Should You Stay Here?
Okay, so… is the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower the best hotel in Xi'an? Probably not. Is it a perfectly acceptable, safe, clean, and conveniently located option? Absolutely. If you value cleanliness, reasonable prices, and easy access to the Dayan Tower and other attractions, then go for it. But if you're seeking luxury and a pampering spa experience, you might want to look elsewhere.
The Quirky Anecdote That Sums It Up
One morning, I was in a hurry for my breakfast. I ran down to the "restaurant" (more of a cafeteria, really) and grabbed a plate of noodles. Apparently, I was very enthusiastic in my noodle consumption because when I was finished, I noticed that there were… noodle stains. ALL OVER my shirt. I will never forget the mortified look on the staff's faces, and yet they made the best of it, laughing it off and giving me extra napkins.
Final Thoughts:
I’d return to the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower. The location is perfect for seeing the sights. The level of sanitation gave me peace of mind. I’ll definitely pack extra napkins next time.
SEO-Optimized Booking Offer
Headline: Unbelievable Xi'an Adventure Awaits! Book the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower & Explore Ancient Wonders!
Body:
Tired of boring hotels? Craving an adventure in the heart of ancient China? Then look no further than the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower in Xi'an! Imagine yourself exploring the majestic Terracotta Army, wandering through the historic City Wall, and savoring the delicious flavours of the Muslim Quarter. This hotel is clean, safe, and conveniently located to make it easy for you to explore.
Here’s why it's the best home base for your Xi'an exploration:
- Prime Location: Steps away from Dayan Tower and with easy access to the city's major attractions.
- Unbeatable Cleanliness: Relax with peace of mind knowing that the hotel has high hygiene standards.
- Delicious Breakfast: Fuel your day with the Asian Buffet at the restaurant.
- Comfortable Rooms: Get a good night's rest in well-maintained, comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Complimentary Parking/On-site Parking
- Accessibility: Enjoy elevator and accessible rooms.
Limited-Time Offer:
- 15% Discount: Book your stay now and receive a 15% discount on your room rate!
- Free Breakfast: Enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning of your stay.
- Free Parking: Enjoy free parking
Don't miss out on this chance to experience the magic of Xi'an in style! Click here to book your stay at the Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower and start your adventure today!
Escape to Medieval Majesty: Altstadthotel der Patrizier Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this Jinjiang Inn Select Xi'an Dayan Tower adventure is about to get REAL. Forget those perfectly pristine itineraries you see online. This is my Xi'an, and it's gonna be a glorious mess.
The Pre-Trip Freakout - AKA, the First Red Flag (and I Love It!)
Alright, so it starts like any good trip: with a surge of panic. Did I book the right flight? Do I have enough phone battery that can handle being away from the world? Passport? Check. (Okay, mostly check. I hope.) Xi'an! I'm going to China! Specifically, to the Dayan Tower area (apparently, that's a "thing"). And my hotel? The very… select Jinjiang Inn. (Hoping it's not too… select-y. I'm not exactly a high-maintenance traveler).
Day 1: Arrival – Smog, Soup, and a Semi-Successful Subway Shuffle
- Time: Early Morning. 6:00 AM in my chaotic little bubble.
- Activity: Landing at Xi'an Xianyang International Airport. Holy mother of God, the air… well, let's just say it's a presence. A thick, hazy presence. The famed smog. It hit me like a brick. (I kind of like it now, in an odd way. It's Xi'an's smog, you know?)
- Transportation: Airport Express to the city center. That was easier than I thought. China loves its public transport. The stations felt a little crowded, and I had to ask for help a couple of times, but the staff were super helpful. (Even though my Mandarin is… let's call it "emerging.")
- Hotel Check-in: Jinjiang Inn. Decent enough, nothing to write home about. The AC kicked some life into the room. Also, very clean. I'm a germaphobe at heart, so big points here! I crashed, obviously. Jet lag is brutal.
- Food #1: The Xi'an Food Revelation. I stumbled out in search of food like a starving zombie. Found a little place near the hotel. The waiter stared at me with amusement as I butchered my order. Eventually, I got what I think was… hand-pulled noodles with beef. Heaven. Absolute, slurp-every-noodle-until-your-face-is-covered-in-sauce heaven. (Worth it.)
- Transportation #2 : Trying to get to the Dayan Pagoda, with the metro. I'm directionally-challenged at the best of times, so the fact that I successfully navigated the Yanxingmen station… a minor miracle. I actually got on the right train! Victory is mine! (Small, sweaty, victory.) This place is massive. The architecture is beautiful. I spent about 3 hours walking around. You can tell I like to people-watch.
Emotional reaction: Wow! This place is amazing.
Day 2: The Terracotta Army - And the Tears (Maybe) of a Millennia Past
Time: Early Bird Gets the Terracotta Worm. 8:00 AM (ish).
Activity: The Terracotta Army. THE Terracotta Army. Okay, I'm using ALL CAPS. This is the REALLY BIG DEAL.
Transportation: Tourist bus. Crowded but efficient. Everyone stared at me (the foreigner, of course), but that's the price you pay for being a giant blonde walking around the world.
The Experience: The first moment I walked into Pit 1… I almost cried. No, I did cry. A little. These things… these terracotta warriors… they're just there. Standing guard for 2,000 years. Each face different. It was overwhelming, and I felt so ridiculously tiny. It's truly, deeply, moving. The scale is insane. I spent, like, FIVE HOURS there. Just wandering. Feeling the history. The air around feels heavy with stories. I could spend an entire day getting lost there.
Lunch: Street food near the site. Not the best I've had, but it's the experience, right? Plus, I was too emotionally drained to care.
Afternoon: Some souvenir shopping. I haggled, like a pro (or so I thought until the shopkeeper gave me a look that said, "Honey, you paid way too much."). I got a tiny terracotta warrior for my desk.
Evening: Back to the hotel. Food coma and existential crisis, complete.
- Emotional Reaction: This place left me speechless.
Day 3: The Muslim Quarter - A Sensory Overload (in the Best Way Possible!) And a Shopping Spree
- Time: 10:00 AM.
- Activity: Muslim Quarter. This is where Xi'an really hits you in the face with its unique cultural blend.
- Transportation: Subway back to the old city, then walk. Seriously, get ready for a sensory explosion: the smells of spices, the calls of vendors, the sheer humanity of it all.
- The Experience: The food! Oh, the food! I had every single dish - Roujiamo (meat sandwiches), Yang Rou Pao Mo (lamb soup with bread), and the best dumplings of my life. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but they were DAMN good). It's a constant stream of people, shouting, shopping, eating. I love it. It’s a world in itself. I spent hours weaving through the narrow streets.
- Shopping: Bargaining is key! Got some cool calligraphy brushes, a silk scarf, and a dragon-shaped tea set. I think I got a pretty good deal. Or at least, I hope I did. I felt like I was in a movie, with everyone speaking Chinese.
- Afternoon: Attempted (and failed) to learn a few basic Mandarin phrases from a local. They laughed, which is fine by me!
- Late Evening: Found a little tea house, and just sit and chill while watching people go by. I've never been so content, or felt like I belong.
Emotional Reaction: That place is absolute magic!
Day 4: Bike Ride, Wall of the City, and Farewell to the Noodle Gods
- Time: 9:00 AM (ish).
- Activity: Bike ride on the Xi'an City Wall.
- Transportation: Got a taxi to the Wall. The hotel staff helped me with the taxis (they're really nice!)
- The Experience: A few laps around the wall, letting the city landscape sink in. The scale is incredible, and the views are amazing.
- Lunch: Last noodle meal. I went back to that first place, you know? The one near the hotel. I had to. A last bowl, to say goodbye to the noodle gods.
- Afternoon: Pack up everything, and head to the airport. I have to go. But I wish I could stay forever. I felt like I was slowly understanding, and learning more than I ever had.
The Verdict:
- Hotel: The Jinjiang Inn was fine. Clean. A little bland, but it served its purpose.
- Xi'an: An absolute, chaotic, wonderful masterpiece. I'm already planning my return.
- Me: Tired, happy, and covered in noodle sauce, but absolutely changed.
- Final Emotional Reaction: Xi'an, you magnificent, overwhelming, and undeniably beautiful city, you stole my heart. Farewell for now… but I'll be back, I promise.
Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower: The Unvarnished Truth (Because Let's Be Real)
Okay, Spill the Tea: Is This Hotel *Actually* Good? (And What's "Select" Anyway?)
Alright, alright, let's get to the good stuff. "Select" is probably code for "we tried a bit harder." Honestly? It's a mixed bag. The Jinjiang Inn Select Dayan Tower is... decent. It's clean (mostly), the location is fantastic (more on that later), and hey, it's a *hotel*, not a prison. But let's not pretend it's a five-star luxury experience. Think of it like a reliable friend: you *know* they'll be there when you need them, but they're not exactly going to wow you with their charisma.
Oh, and the "Select" part? I'm pretty sure it mostly means slightly nicer toiletries than the standard Jinjiang Inn. (Seriously, I may or may not have filched a few of those tiny shampoo bottles. Don't judge me, travel-sized toiletries are a primal need.)
The Location! The Location! Is it REALLY that great near the Big Wild Goose Pagoda?
YES. A thousand times YES! Seriously, the location is the shining star of this whole shebang. You’re practically *drool*... I mean, *walking distance*... from the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Like, you can stumble out of the hotel, and BAM! Ancient history on your doorstep. It's perfect for those late-night pagoda walks when you're trying to digest a mountain of dumplings. (Speaking from experience, that's a very important time.)
And the surrounding area? Food, glorious food! Street food vendors galore. Little shops selling everything from jade pendants to questionable snacks (I'm looking at you, spicy tofu). Plus, it's super easy to grab a taxi or hop on the subway to other attractions. Seriously, location, location, *location*… it's a winner.
What About the Rooms? Are They Actually *Comfortable*? (And What's with those beds?)
Comfortable... is a strong word. Let's say "functional." The beds? Okay, here's the truth: they're firm. Chinese hotel beds in general seem to have a *thing* for being firm. Think "lying on a slightly padded plank." I'm not saying it's *uncomfortable*, but if you're used to sinking into a cloud-like mattress, prepare yourself. I ended up sleeping… kinda weirdly… with a rolled-up towel under my lower back for extra support. #TravelHacks.
The rooms themselves are… efficient. Clean enough. Basic, but functional. Expect the usual: a TV (probably with a bunch of channels you won't understand), a desk, and a (hopefully) clean bathroom. My one actual complaint? The lighting! It’s like they're saving electricity! It's dim… like, REALLY dim. Pack an extra reading light, trust me. Because I'm pretty sure I strained my eyes trying to read the menu for the street food at the night market… which, by the way, was totally worth it.
Breakfast: Is it Worth Getting Up Early For? (And Is There Coffee?)
Okay, the breakfast situation. Here’s the deal: it’s included, right? Which means you *probably* should go. But manage your expectations. It’s mostly Chinese-style breakfast fare. Lots of lovely, savory… things. Think congee (rice porridge), noodles, steamed buns, and maybe… just maybe… some questionable looking processed meats. (I'm a vegetarian, so my experience here is limited… I mostly stuck to the bread and fruit.)
And the coffee? Ah, the coffee. It's... there. Let's just say it won't win any awards. It’s that instant coffee stuff that vaguely resembles brown water. I usually ended up hitting the vending machine for something… you know… caffeinated. Or, honestly? I'd just run down the street to a little coffee shop. Worth the extra effort? Absolutely. The breakfast? Well, it's free...
The Staff: Friendly? Helpful? Do They Speak English? (Please Say "Yes!")
Okay, staff. This is where things get a little… variable. The front desk staff *mostly* speak English. Some are better than others. Be patient, be polite, and use your phrasebook (or Google Translate, bless its digital heart). They’re generally helpful, but don't expect miracles. They're doing their job, and they do it well enough. I had a slight issue with a taxi booking (which they helped resolve), but that’s about it.
And let's be honest, a little bit of a language barrier is part of the adventure, right? There's something charming about struggling to explain you need more towels using a combination of charades and desperate pointing. Adds character, I say! (Though, more towels would have been great, dammit.)
What About The Elevator? (Because My Legs are Getting Older.)
The elevator. Yes, there is an elevator. Thank the travel gods! (Seriously, anyone who packs heavy luggage appreciates a working elevator.) It's not the fastest elevator in the world, and it might occasionally stop at random floors for reasons unknown. But hey, it gets you to your room, and that's what matters.
I did have one… let's call it an *experience*… with the elevator. I got stuck in it for maybe, five minutes? Turns out, it had stopped between floors. Just a tiny heart-stopping moment when the lights went out. (I panicked internally, obviously.) Hit the call button. Someone fixed it quickly. So, yeah. Elevators: they're there, they *mostly* work, and sometimes they give you a little unplanned adventure. Be prepared.
The Wifi! Crucial for Sharing Your Dumpling Adventures. How's That?
The WiFi. Okay, okay, this is important. Because, let's be honest, we all need to Instagram that delicious plate of noodles. The Wifi is… acceptable. It’s not blazing-fast, but it’s reliable enough for basic browsing, checking emails, and posting some blurry photos of you posing next to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. (Which is probably the most important thing, right?)
It can be a little spotty in the rooms at certain times of the day. If you're a total internet addict (and let's be real, who isn't?), you might want to consider getting a local SIM card forWeb Hotel Search Site